- Well, chaperoning wasn't too bad... - Sunday, October 15, 2006

It wasn't as painful as I thought, though there were a few images that I would have rather not seen--my brain needed a wire brush taken to it to scrub those from my memory. There wasn't a ton of hip-hop played while I was there (and Alexander, you're right, Beastie Boys are great, but they're a different kind of rap), and they actually played stuff that was popular when I was a kid--I heard "Ice, Ice Baby" in its entiriety for the first time since the 4th grade.

I met my sister's date, though I wasn't really able to talk to him. It's funny, because today when I called her, she asked what I thought of him, and I was thinking, "Hello, I saw/talked with him for a full 30 seconds. I'm not going to have an impression of him!" But I think she really likes him, so she's wanting to make sure I like him, too, I guess.

Well, I'm feeling better--not coughing as much, and I think the shingles are finally getting better. It seems to be clearing up well. I have a four day week; I'm going to a retreat this Friday and Saturday, and I've taken Friday off so I can go up to Pflugerville (what a name!). I should be back Saturday night.

I'm outta here. A good night to one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

WHO ARE YOU

NAME Amane Mizu
AGE Old enough
LOCATION Cyberspace
ETC I think this line is mostly filler...

Random Quote of the Moment

The answer to life's biggest question--42.

Song Lyric of the Moment

Wherever we go, the dumb get wise / And the crime rates drop / And the markets rise / It’s a curious thing / But it’s just our thing // Bullies make nice, crooks repent / And the ozone layer shows improvement / It’s a curious thing / And it’s humbling /
~~"Wherever We Go" by the Newsboys

PREVIOUS POSTS

Well, better don my chef's hat
Well, I finally found out what ails me....
Blech, I hate being sick...
Yay! New skin!
I'm such a lazy blogger.
I know, long time, no see
I must be on a quiz kick...
Some random stuff (and more quizzes)
Going anime quiz happy!
It needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Owng...


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger